Banuba SDK by default loads effects from local storage only.
If you want to reduce your application size and load effect from online storage, you should:
- Create online storage and put all necessary effects there (better as zip archives);
- Implement as a part of your application:
- the logic to download effect,
- extract effect to specified folder,
- passed as a path to BanubaSDKManager.init() method (in the case of OffscreenEffectPlayer - UtilityManager (ios, Android), bnb::utility - desktop)
After that load effect regular way via loadEffect passing it name as an argument (folder name).
Alternatively you can use our AR Cloud service (paid) - by contacting your Banuba Sales Department Representative.
Or tying in your online storage to our AR Cloud API. This would entail ensuring your backend returns the effect via a link with the required .json format (contact your assigned Banuba Sales Department Representative or support for help.) and then providing this link to us.